Various FCC office locations may be considered
English and French
Applications close: November 22nd, 2021
Find your next challenge with a team of dynamic and highly productive language professionals in a large federal Crown corporation.
You’ll be at the heart of the action and contribute directly to advancing the industry that feeds the world.
FCC is hiring a full time generalist translator-reviser, fluent in both of Canada’s official languages. Revise documents translated both internally and externally and adapt the content from linguistic, cultural and organizational standpoints. You'll work with stakeholders to supply French translations of the highest quality.
Your strong language skills will help manage risk for our customers and our corporation, and you'll strive for excellence, exceed expectations and deliver an outstanding customer experience. This position is designated bilingual (English and French), and the successful candidate must be able to communicate in both of Canada’s official languages.
What you'll do:
• Revise and translate complex text from English to French for various platforms (print and digital)
• Revise and adapt content translated internally and externally
• Skilfully process text from a variety of corporate disciplines, including agriculture
• Help develop and record accurate and precise terminology
• Participate in large-scale, enterprise-wide translation projects
• Work with cutting-edge integrated computer-assisted translation tools
• Contribute to the advancement of Canadian agriculture with enthusiasm, dynamism and creativity
What we're looking for:
• A wealth of experience and a desire to tackle new challenges
• Relationship-builder with demonstrated skill as a coach and mentor
• Well-organized multi-tasker with rigorous work habits and great attention to detail
• Creative thinker who takes an innovative approach to addressing identified needs
• Life-long learner with an interest in continuous training
• Change agent who displays agility, efficiency and ability to adapt
• Team player with passion, versatility and superior interpersonal skills
• Freelancers will not be considered
What you'll need:
• A bachelor's degree with specialization in languages, linguistics or translation and at least six years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience); translation certification by a recognized Canadian regulatory body is an asset
• In-depth knowledge of translation theories, practices, trends and approaches
• Solid experience in revision
• Professional level written and oral skills in both official languages
• Demonstrated expertise in terminology development, preferably within finance, communication or agriculture
To apply, visit: https://fccfac.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers-carrieres/job/Regina-Saskatchewan/Translator-Reviser--Bilingual-_R-1002927
Web development by Translations.CA